A great many people come to Spring Harvest as part of a group from their church or town. It's a great way to learn and grow together so we encourage you by offering every 21st adult place free! If you're thinking of bringing a group to Spring Harvest in 2014, we would love to work with you to make the process simple and enjoyable. Subscribe to our mailing list on the link below and we will be in touch soon with information on how to get going.
1. Tell your church about Spring Harvest
- Check your local school holiday dates for your church's availability.
- Use some of the many resources at springharvest.org/promote
- If you can think of anything else that would help you – eg. specific promotional material that doesn’t exist on the website, or to discuss the possibility of arranging for one of our team to speak at your church, get in touch, and we’ll see how we can help. Email: email@example.com
2. Gather the details of your party
- Name, date of birth, contact details, whether they want Butlins Holiday Insurance
- If your group is more than 20 people, you can provide names later (see '5' below)
- Adults are counted as anyone aged 15 or older (check teenagers’ ages!)
- Children under 3 months are chargeable, but we'll refund you on arrival
- Name changes need to be confirmed within 14 days if you booked directly with the resort. For all other name changes there's a £10 fee
3. Save time – get second choices
Standard, self-catering accommodation is popular and tends to go first, so why not ask your group for:
- Second choice accommodation – springharvest.org/accommodation
- Second choice of week
- Whether they'd switch between Self-catering and Dinner, Bed & Breakfast if necessary
Go to springharvest.org/book
20+ people (including children): Minehead 0845 070 4764 / Skegness 0845 070 4753
Fewer than 20 people: 0845 070 4743
There are a limited number of adapted units, please call: 01825 769000
» Booking form available soon
5. Confirm your booking and pay deposit
If your booking is for fewer than 20 people (you booked with Butlins Central Reservations), you will need to give your party’s details and pay the deposits at the time of booking on the phone or web.
If you're booking for 20 or more people (you booked directly with the resort using the group telephone line), you have 14 days to confirm. You can either email your group's details or post them to Butlins. Here are some documents which may help you manage a group booking:
» Individual family details (Email or hand this out to each family/chalet group)
» Group Booking details (Collate all families into this and send to Butlins)
Email forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post forms to: Butlins Resort, Minehead, Somerset, TA24 5SH
Email forms to: SkegnessSpringHarvestGroups@bourne-leisure.co.uk
Post forms to: Butlins Resort, Skegness, Lincolnshire, PE25 1NJ
- £60 per Self-catering unit
- £35 per adult or £20 per child (under 15) for Dinner, bed & breakfast
- Optional Butlins holiday insurance (see policy) is £28 per accommodation unit
- To claim your free place (every 20 full-paying adults) – liaise with Butlins directly
- ANOs are charged as Adults initially and adjusted in final invoice if a child
6. Apply for a discount if someone in your party receives benefits
If any guests are benefit claimants, or spouse/child of a benefit claimant, the good news is that they're entitled to a discount if they book Standard or Silver accommodation!
7. Corresponding with Butlins about your booking
As a group organiser, all correspondence will come directly to you, via post or email, so do make sure that anything that needs passing on is communicated to your group.
- Tell Butlins whether you want paper/email confirmations (we suggest email)
- View your booking online (allow a few week to process) at butlins.com/pay
- Use your Butlins booking reference to set up a login for the Butlins website.
8. Tips for paying
Anyone can make payments on the booking at anytime, via butlins.com/pay
- For groups: any payment made will be deducted from the top booking in your group
- If group members wish to pay off a specific chalet, call the Butlins resort with the individual booking reference or post a cheque, quoting the individual booking reference.
- You'll be charged for every bed in each chalet, even if it's under-occupied - so bring friends!
- Balance payments must reach Butlins 56 days before arrival at Spring Harvest: If a large payment is to be made by credit card, it's best to notify your card issuer in advance as due to increasing credit card fraud, some issuers will refuse payment even if the cardholder has sufficient funds.
9. Joining others to your booking at a later date
If further families or people from another local church wish to join you after the initial booking (even if it's for a different week or resort), simply quote your booking reference and request that the bookings be joined.
- Where possible you will be accommodated close to each other
(NB: in Skegness, 4 & 6 berth Self-catering chalets are on opposite sides of the resort).
- All full-paying adult bookings can count towards the 21st free adult place!
10. Terms and Conditions
- For the fine print – check out our Terms & Conditions
- Send this information round to your group
- There is a £15 fee for amendments to existing booking
Ideas for how to use your free places…
- Sponsor someone on a budget to come for free
- Share out the cost amongst other adults
- Pool the extra money and buy everyone's programme planners, or fund a group meal, or some on-resort activities like ten pin bowling or the adventurous high ropes course!